Malt Madness Wrap-up
- Thanks to all the club members who helped judge and steward
- Special thanks to Mike Lessa for coordinating again, Melissa Titus for coordinating prizes and Judy Parsons for helping with prize collection.
- Congratulations to those members taking home medals:
- Dave Barber, 1st place Oktoberfest, 2nd place munich helles, 2nd place bourbon barrel imperial stout
- Mark Livingston; 1st place eisbock, 2nd place cream ale, 2nd place meads
- Dave Kurtiak; 1st and 2nd place witbier
- Tim and Honoree Kerrigan; 2nd place English pale ale
- Mike Manning; 2nd place bohemian pilsner
- Blake Morris; 3rd place spice/herb/vegetable
- Mel Homick; 3rd chocolate cherry stout
- Steve Zapata; 3rd place imperial stout
- Congratulations to our new Vice President Melissa Titus and our new Treasurer Mark Livingston
LVHB LVHB Great Pumpkin Challenge
- Who makes the best pumpkin beer? We'll find out at the October meeting.
- No entry fee
- Brewers entering the contest must include a minimum of 1 lb of pumpkin in their recipe, could be canned or fresh. Spicing, base beer style is completely up to the brewer.
- Brewers must bring a growler or 6-pack to October meeting
- Winners, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, as chosen by popular vote will receive a gift certificate to Keystone.
- Mark Livingston talked about making your own brewing sugars for English beers
Fall Festivals and Events
- Garlic Fest - Saturday and Sunday October 5th and 6th; sign up on forum
- Harvest Fest - Saturday October 12th; sign up on forum
- Mark your calendars for Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day, November 2nd at the Becker farm. This is a great chance to come out and brew with other club members or check out everyone's brew system.