Congratulations to the following club members who placed at War of the Worts:
- Dave Barber - 2nd place with an American amber, 3rd place with English barleywine
- Dave Kurtiak - 3rd with a sweet stout
- Mark Livingston - 3rd with a dunkelweizen
- Brian Stein - 3rd place with a Belgian dark strong
- Steve Zapata - 2nd place with an imperial IPA
- Mark Livingston will give a talk on making Altbiers, and attendees will have a chance to taste two commercial examples.
Case buy for April meeting:
- Cost is$40 for members and $50 for non-members
- Only members can sign up through the March meeting and then will be opened to non-members.
- Beers will be picked out on Saturday April 26th, time to be determined later
- Belgian Beer Challenge at April club meeting
- Open to beers in BJCP categories 16 (Belgian and French Ales), 17(Sour Ales) (excluding Berliner weisse) and 18 (Belgian Strong Ale)
- Bring a 6-pack or growler to share, winners will be chosen by popular vote and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will win gift certificates to Keystone Homebrew.
- April - Extract Beers" (50% of fermentables from extract)