Big Brew - May 3, 2014
- May 3, 2014 at Becker Farm
- Brewing a Belgian Quad and fermenting in a bourbon barrel, but people are welcome to brew whatever they want
- Please go to forum to sign up for barrel.
- All grain brewers should mash in by 9:00AM
- Please bring food and beer to share
- Now open to non-members
- $40 members / $50 non-members
- Money due by April 20
- Choosing, sorting and pick-up will be Saturday April 26
- This is an official club event (2 points), meet at Shangy's at 10:00 am to choose cases, sort at Keystone ~12:00 pm and pick-up at Keystone after 1:00 pm.
- Please pick up your case on Saturday April 26!
New LVHB t-shirts
- Taking orders now, see Melissa
- Mens shirts in brown, blue, green and black
- S-XL - $10 members/$15 non-members
- 2X-3X - $12 members/$17 non-members
- Womens shirts in brown, blue, green, purple and black
- $15 members/$20 non-members
How to make a great Altbier by Mark Livingston
- Two commercial examples, Otter Creek Copper Ale (BJCP) and Straub Groundhog Altbier (non-BJCP)
Club Competition at April meeting - the Belgian Beer Challenge
- BJCP categories 16, 17 (except Berliner Weiss) and 18.
- Bring a six-pack or growler to enter
- Winners by popular vote will win gift certificates to Keystone Homebrew
Club Elections at May meeting
- Steve, Melissa and Mark plan on running again for their positions
- President will be vacant
- Must be a member for at least 1 year and only members can nominate someone.